Our wide range of innovative, client-focused equity solutions across the investment spectrum are all driven by proprietary fundamental research and a robust investment process. Our objective is to deliver strong risk-adjusted returns and to tailor equity strategies to investors’ unique investment objectives.
- Efficient exposure to reference cap-weighted
- Transparent end-to-end process with dedicated proprietary technology
- Risk-managed efficient portfolio replication
- Replication: physical or optimised
- Intelligent implementation of index changes, dividend arbitrage etc.
- Improved risk-adjusted returns relative to cap-weighted indices delivered by capturing diversified risk premiums and by efficient portfolio construction
- Cost-efficient equity fulfillment with proprietary technology allowing for customised solutions including Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) products.
- Research insights driven by experienced and well-resourced team with a long-term track record
- Implementation through passive team allows for intelligent trading of index changes, dividend arbitrage, etc.
- Common philosophy across strategies: we aim to capture deviations from the well-established relationship between profitability and valuation
- Stock selection driven by proprietary fundamental research, with integrated Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) analysis
- Shared insights and perspectives from the broader global investment team
- Proprietary support tools reinforce disciplined approach
Leveraging a global investment platform to support local opportunities
Our presence in over 26 countries allows us to connect investors with investment opportunities wherever they are. Our global equity investment platform allows a global exchange of ideas and best practice while ensuring investment discipline and consistency.
Local teams benefit from access to a global network and global funds benefit from on-the-ground local knowledge. All benefit from best-in-class investment technology, quantitative research and proprietary decision-support tools.
Robust investment culture ingrained in all our strategies
We are patient investors with a contrarian perspective and a strict valuation discipline - meaning we are able to source mispriced opportunities. Our consistent investment philosophy is integrated across our equity ranges, and applied by all our investment teams.
Our investment process emphasises transparency and discipline, with fully-integrated governance and risk management. We use proprietary risk models and portfolio-construction tools to manage factor exposures and avoid unrewarded risk. Our aim is to deliver high-conviction portfolios focused on risks and diversification. Our investment strategies are supported by independent risk monitoring and controls.
A research-driven approach
The process, platform and tools our portfolio managers use are built on the proprietary research and insights of our quantitative research team. The expertise of the 19 investment professionals in our global equity research team is integrated throughout our investment process, supporting our team of 180 equity investment professionals.
This allows our fund managers to focus on what matters - delivering the solutions that best meet our clients' objectives.
Across our global network, these research capabilities enable us to engage and innovate with investors on solutions responding to their investment challenges.
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees, investment management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus and Fund Facts before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed or covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation, HSBC Bank Canada, or any other government deposit insurer or financial institution. The net asset values of all mutual funds, including the Funds, change frequently and any past performance may not be repeated. For money market funds, there can be no assurances that such funds will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of your investment in the fund will be returned to you. Read more